Total Weight Loss

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Back from cruise

I've wanted to write a long, detailed account of my cruise, but haven't found the time.  So here it is in bullet point form


  • We drove to New Jersey night before the cruise and met another couple who was going with us at hotel.  We sat at hotel bar for 5 hours and talked about how much fun we were going to have. It's such a great feeling being on vacation when the real vacation hasn't even started.  


  • We were by chance only 2 cars behind my brother and wife when we arrived at port.  Worked out perfectly!  It's awesome when things come together without even planning. 
  • If you are a cruiser - especially if you are a Royal Caribbean loyalist - I want to let you know Quantum of the Seas does not hold a candle to Oasis or Allure.  I think part of the problem is that the Quantum is a new concept for Royal Caribbean and they just don't have it down yet.  In summary, it seems like Royal is trying to replace technology with service and it did not work.  However, food and most entertainment was great.  If you are thinking of cruising and want more detail, feel free to let me know. 
  • For those of you who read my last post, I did not do wave runner and am kind of glad I didn't. My hubby said water was pretty rough and one woman who was a newbie turned back.  I enjoyed my time on the ship reading and drinking. 
  • I did not gain any weight on the cruise!  I don't know how that happened because I drank and ate to my heart's content. 
  • Of course it went by too fast!  I've looked forward to it for a year and now it's over.  :(  Usually when we get back from vacation we plan another so we have something to look forward to. However, my eldest is moving in the Fall to live on campus at Penn State at University Park so we are going to have to put a lot more money out for college.  (She's been living at home and going to the York, PA for the past 2 years.  The agreement was if she did well, she could move to the main campus.  I'm going to be so sad when she leaves.)  Then my youngest will start college in 2016 so not sure another cruise is in our near future.  
What IS in my near future, is my revision to sleeve surgery.  I have my last appointment with my surgeon on March 18th and then I wait for approval from the insurance company.  Last time for my band surgery it only took a few weeks to get approval.  I'm hoping the same happens this time.  My surgeon said she doesn't foresee any issues with getting approval, but of course you never know.  So, if all goes well, I'll have my surgery in April.  Eeek!!




6 comments:

  1. Well the idea of the new surgery must be super exciting and also scary! But I am waiting to hear all about it and how it differs, etc. You do not look nearly old enough to have kids in college. Seriously. I'm glad you had a good time on your vacay. Heather and I haven't been on a "real" vacation in at least 3 years...I am not sure if we will honeymoon after the wedding bc weddings are expensive dude! But hopefully there is a vacation in the next year maybe? Maybe you and I will fall into a pot of money and be able to retire and take vacations whenever we want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are my new bestest friend. That's the one good thing about being a bit chunky - I look younger. LOL. Hopefully when I lose a massive amount of weight after surgery (fingers crossed) I'll still look young. I hear ya about weddings. You and Heather seem so great together that you can probably honeymoon anywhere and have a blast.

      Delete
  2. I'm also interested in hearing about your journey with the sleeve. I'm glad that you had fun on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you but be prepared for every emotion in this home stretch. I had lots of doubts and guilt. Also I will be checking on you that first few weeks post op when you are sure that you made the worst decision of you life. It will pass. Too bad about Royal's service slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been absent from the blog scene for so long, looks like I missed a bunch! I'm anxious to hear about your journey!

    ReplyDelete