Total Weight Loss

Monday, June 21, 2010

Before Pictures


My plan was not to humiliate myself with putting these pictures out for all to see until I was 100% sure that I was getting my surgery (in other words, when I got my insurance approval).  I decided that I am going to think positively and put the pictures up now in hopes that the universe will recognize my act as true bravery and send me my authorization soon.  Okay, okay, maybe bravery is too strong of a word, but believe me when I say that it truly scares me to post these.   However, many of you before me found the strength to do so which means I'll suck it up and do it too.  I recognize that these are not the most revealing before pictures and I may do some others, but these are what I've got for now.  I can't wait to do my AFTER pictures.  Please, please, please insurance gods - send me my approval soon. 


18 comments:

  1. Saying a little insurance prayer just for you Bonnie.
    Your pics are great...but the after shots will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I haven't gotten to the pictures yet, though I'm still trying to find a surgeon.
    Here's to you reaching 100 followers before surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers and toes are crossed for you! I know it's hard to be objective, but you look good. You're going to look *amazing* this time next year. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Bonnie! I know it takes some big kahunas to take and post pictures like these, but you will be so glad you did! Have you been able to call the insurance company and ask about the status of your approval? I think I did 4 times in 2 weeks. I got a different person each time. I am praying for you dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe they haven't sent you that yet. Are you stalking them? I would! My fingers are crossed for you and it will happen don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until your 'after' bathing suit pics next summer!! :0)

    And like Kristin said..fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping you get insurance approval ASAP!! You will be so glad next year at this time that you took the befores!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having 'before' photos is so great when the weight starts to come off - even when it is just the first 10lbs or so, as you can really see a difference when you put photos side by side (especially if you wear the same clothes.)
    Hope the insurance comes through for you really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you and I hope it works...d@mn insurance...HURRY UP already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good move posting the pics! Hang in there on the insurance, I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will be so glad that you took/posted these! Your time is flying by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Bonnie! I did my before/afters a few days ago, I hate them now, but will hopefully be happy I have them in a year....

    I nominated you for a beautiful blogger award! Go here http://youngblackandbanded.blogspot.com/2010/06/update-and-award-and-belated-happy.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Bonnie...I have added you to my prayers for this week. You really want to laugh? I just realized that while I took "Before" pics, I have not uploaded them to my computer, never mind my blog! I think since I've waited this long, I will hold out until I hit the 30 lb mark and than do a before/during blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. we are our own worst critics. It seems like you have been waiting forever to hear from the ins co. Geez!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous of the pool! You are beautiful. Thanks for trusting us with the photos! Sending some good insurance approval vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there, it's coming! And, you look great, you have really nice legs....mine look like cottage cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forward all of our posts to the insurance company and tell them you will continue until you get a YES! I know it is hard to be patient as this phase...you have lots of people sending positive vibes your way!

    I like your pix--as someone earlier said; we are our own worst critics. Just imagine what they will look like a year from now...you will be so glad you took them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're braver than I! I still haven't posted my "revealing" pre-op pictures! I need to lose another 20 lbs to show some progress first.

    Also, you don't look terrible at all! I can tell the weights just gonna fly off you. You're holding it all in an area (mid section) that responds pretty well to this type of lifestyle, and your legs are strong and shapely! I see an even more beautiful you in the very near future!

    ReplyDelete