I have 4 pair of capris - 2 grey, 1 khaki and 1 navy blue - Sizes 20 and 22. If anybody is interested, please email me your address and I'll mail to you. They are in great shape - only issue is the navy pair has a little wear around the waist, but shirt will cover so no one will know. The others are barely worn.
I've decided to weigh in on Fridays. (I know you guys were all waiting with bated breath to find out which day it would be - LOL). The scale is usually on my bathroom floor, but the temptation is too great to weigh myself every day. So after several days of feeling extremely frustrated, I put the scale away - way back in a closet and will only bring out on Fridays. I am not a fast loser. Even though I am not eating a lot, but am still meeting my liquid and protein goals - I am not losing as quickly as I've seen/read from others. I know I shouldn't compare, but we all know it's hard not to. Also, I'm going to be honest - I still have an appetite. There are a lot of new sleeve sisters who are saying they don't like to eat and have to remember to eat - well, that's not me. Now some days are better than others. Some days I don't think about eating and other days I do - it's weird. I do get full quickly, so that's awesome. Even more quickly than I did with the band - which is really awesome. I am hoping that when I weigh in on Friday that I'm out of the 240s. But I have to wait until Friday to find out.
So be careful what you brag about. I was talking to my NP at my one week visit about how I never - ever got heart burn. WRONG! Even though I am taking my omeprazole every morning with my applesauce, I am still having issues with heartburn. I'm hoping that it's just a stage since surgery is still new. Never had to deal with it before and am praying it goes away cause it sucks.
Hope you all are having a good week. Will check back in on Friday with my weight. (ok - you can all go back to waiting with bated breath ;)



heart burn is one of the most common known side effects of the sleeve. sorry hun. i had to switch from omeprazole, it wasn't enough for me. I'm on protonix now. that keeps me mostly in check. I keep the chewey antiacids on hand for the random times it flares up.
ReplyDeleteThanks Hollee. I have my next dr appt on May 29th. If it hasn't subsided since then, I'm going to ask for some help.
DeleteI totally feel you as far as not losing as much as I thought I would/as some others right off the bat! It can be frustrating as hell but good to remember that 1. this is a slower process/weight loss 2. Everyone is different! You are doing great and we are all rooting for you :)
ReplyDeleteAll the support definitely helps. Thanks!
DeleteI lose 1/2 pound a week and look how far I've come. Maybe the heartburn is making you feel hungry. It's still early in your post op care. Solid food does help curb the hunger. T
ReplyDeleteBelieve me - I keep you in mind. I know in my heart slow and steady wins the race. Plus, on a goon note I can wear my clothes longer than people who are melting away.
DeleteThis is the first time I've seen your blog, and I'm so excited to see someone use the correct form of "bated" in that expression that I lost track of the context. ;)
ReplyDeleteHopefully I don't burst your bubble, but pretty sure I googled it to make sure I was correct. LOL.
Delete